The National Association of Psychological Science (NAPS) has been established in 2010. This is an endeavour for the development, representation and advancement of different areas of psychology as a science. Many national or international associations are functioning in psychology but the new association in the present scenario is an effort to introduce scientific platform of professionalism in psychology. The aim of the association is to promote, advance and disseminate the interests of scientifically oriented psychological research and application for benefit of an individual and society concern. The National Association of Psychological Science will provide the platform for the scholarly exchange research in different areas of psychology and allied disciplines. The NAPS strives towards a full development of individuals and groups within the distinct scope of individual and group lives. To promote the aims and objectives, the association is publishing a bi-annually research journal namely “Indian Journal of Psychological Science
Listed at UGC serial No. 45972, ISSN 0976 9218 (Impact Factor-3.021).
AIMS & OBJECTIVES:
- To popularize the profile of psychology and enhance its standing as a discipline and profession through all sections to represent, promote and advance psychology within the context of improving human well being.
- To mobilize the professionals toward mutual cooperation to the social problems from the society.
- To organize the regional/national/International Congresses of Psychology on subjects of general or special interest in psychology
- To exchange the psychological knowledge through publications and researches
- To collaborate with other regional, and national, international, organizations in matters of mutual interest.
- It will be an apolitical and Non-Govt. Organization. Any office bearer associating him/herself with any political activity shall automatically incur disqualification and deemed to be removed from that office of responsibility in the organization.
- To hold inter/intra college/university academic competitions and get-together to promote interpersonal relationships, exchange of the views and ideas.
- To promote and disseminate knowledge in psychology and its applications for the benefit of the individual and society.
- To exercise such other functions as the Society may demand from time to time deem feasible and desirable to realize its aims.
- Focussed on the long-range and overall holistic balanced personal growth rather than correction of specific behavioural problem.